An electrical emergency is no fun, especially if you have never dealt with such a problem in the past. One of the most common issues that can happen to homeowners is an electrical overload in one or two of the rooms of their house. When this happens, the symptoms can be scary, but you must remain calm and ensure that you get help as soon as possible.
You may first notice a problem because there is a burning smell that is coming from one of your electrical sockets. Perhaps the whole room smells as though something is burning, and when you get closer to one of your sockets you can almost hear a little crackling sound.
The issue that you are facing is an overload, which means too much current is flowing through that part of the system. What you should do is immediately find the breaker for your house or that part of the house, and flip the switch that corresponds to that room. It will shut off power to that room, and the burning will stop.
Now you must call a 24 hour electrician charleston wv. They will be able to come to your home and help you with this problem. The reason people always suggest that you should call an electrician is because they can safely resolve your problem for you. It is not a good idea to try and fix an electrical issue on your own.
What you must never do is take these issues lightly. People assume if you shut off an offending appliance, the overload will stop and the problem is resolved. While the overload does stop, if the socket has started burning, it will not stop unless you kill all electricity to that room. Then you can be sure your home is no longer in danger, and you can wait for the electrician to arrive.